Italy and Malta come alive with enhanced, rich detail of the region’s grandeur in the latest free World Update.
Fly throughout the historic cities of Rome and Venice, soar above Mediterranean coastlines, and navigate sheer-faced peaks, all rendered in lifelike realism with World Update IX: Italy & Malta. The Microsoft Flight Simulator team has refined this area with the latest geospatial data available, including digital elevation modeling, aerial and satellite imagery, and triangulated irregular network (TIN) modeling of 20 cities, including Rome, Naples, Venice, and Milan.
World Update IX includes:
- Four handcrafted airports:
- Palermo Airport (LICJ) in Sicily
- Sondrio Airport (LILO) in the southern Tyrol
- Marina di Campo Airport (LIRJ) on Elba Island
- Bolanzo Airport (LIPB) in the southern Tyrol
- Enhanced detail of 100 other airports
- 94 points of interest in Italy
- 11 points of interest in Malta
- Three bush trips
- Three discovery flights
- Three new landing challenges.
World Update IX: Italy is available free today to all Microsoft Flight Simulator owners. Ensure that your simulator is updated, download World Update IX, and explore the beauty and intrigue that Italy & Malta have to offer from above. The sky is calling!
Microsoft Flight Simulator World Update IX: Italy & Malta is available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs via Xbox Cloud Gaming.
For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.